Evaluating proposals submitted to the NGIatlantic.eu Open Calls
NGIatlantic.eu aims to set up an External Pool of Evaluators (EPE) of 50+ members to support the review process of the proposals received from the various Open Calls. The EPE gathers a set of recognised experts in NGI technical domains selected through an open call process in order to ensure transparent and consistent evaluation of the applications.
The independent experts utilised by NGIatlantic.eu to evaluate the proposals submitted to the Open Calls have open proven experience in the various technical areas dealt with in the Calls. The expertise and composition of the EPE aims to allow a broad coverage for the priority topics of the calls.
The External Evaluator will work from remote and independently, in personal capacity and not on behalf of an organisation, and she/he will be selected based on her/his field of expertise and proven experience in similar review activities while ensuring that competences, geographical and gender coverage are factored in accordingly.
For each Open Call, based on their individual expertise, a group of evaluators will be selected from the EPE and assigned for the review of the eligible proposals received. All proposals will be reviewed independently by at least three evaluators to ensure impartiality.
The assigned evaluators have to sign a non-conflict and confidentiality agreement and will be briefed on the principles guiding the calls, application and selection criteria and evaluation process. Evaluation will be carried out remotely, via the NGIatlantic.eu platform. The evaluators will be granted access to the applications and online evaluation forms. The Evaluators assignment, contractualisation, briefing, formal review and proposals ranking are expected to last for maximum 2 months after the Open Call closing date.
- The evaluators profile
We are seeking candidates to create a pool of up to 50 external and independent evaluators, the NGIatlantic.eu External Pool of Evaluators (EPE). Applicants should demonstrate experience and possess a proven track record in the technical areas which will be part of the priority topics of the NGIatlantic.eu Open Calls. Given the nature of the EU-US collaboration covered by the Open Calls, in addition to applications received from candidates from the EU 28 and 16 Associated members, those from the US and other countries will also be eligible and taken into consideration on a case by case basis for the added value they could bring to project.
Services will be provided remotely via the NGIatlantic.eu Grants platform and will involve evaluation of the applications received in response to the Open Calls for grants. The pool will gather members with differing expertise to enable flexibility when assigning applications and to ensure that independence and fairness are upheld for each application evaluated.
To this purpose, all EPE members will be required to sign a non-conflict of interest declaration, as well as a non-disclosure agreement, before being accepted to evaluate a specific application for a grant.
The EPE will be remunerated at a daily rate of 400€, to be paid on the basis of the number of proposals evaluated, with the time to be spent on each evaluation agreed in advance.
- Selection criteria
The NGIatlantic.eu evaluators will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Strong expertise in NGI topics;
- Active involvement in NGI-related efforts over the past 12-18 months;
- Active engagement in NGI events is a plus.
- Evaluators cannot apply for NGIatlantic.eu Open Calls for grants.
- Evaluators should not be part of the NGIatlantic.eu project consortium.
- Individuals from the NGIatlantic.eu project consortium institutions who are not officially assigned to the NGIatlantic.eu project, nor receive financial support, are eligible to apply.
- Evaluators will be asked to sign a non-conflict of interest declaration, before being accepted to perform their duties for a specific NGIatlantic.eu grant evaluation. A conflict of interest exists if an evaluator:
- (a) is a director, trustee or partner or is in any way involved in the management of the applicant's organisation
- (b) has a close family or personal relationship with the applicant or the applicant's organisation
- (c) is employed or contracted by one of the applicant's organisation or any named subcontractors
- (d) has submitted a proposal for one of the NGIatlantic.eu Open Calls
- (e) was involved in any way in the preparation of the proposal or submitted the proposal itself
- (f) stands to benefit directly or indirectly if the proposal is accepted
How to apply
The Open Call for External Eveluators is currently CLOSED. Thank you for your interest.
Need more information? Feel free to contact us!