Mr Patrick Rawson
Organisation: CL Cybernetix GmbH
Organisation Type: SME
Address: Engeldamm 64b, 10179 Berlin
Field(s) of expertise / NGI Topic:
- Big Data
- Data Governance
NGI focus areas for experiments:
- Decentralised data governance
- Discovery and identification technologies
- Open Internet architecture renovation
- Experimental Platforms (e.g. Smart cities, smart transport, Smart agriculture, etc.)
- -- Smart cities, but also "smart forests," that is, forests with self-governance mechanisms that utilize oracle sensor networks. We can imagine "smart-nature" generally.
Your NGI-related portfolio: In the last decade, modular open-source technologies and a philosophy of decentralization have developed in parallel. The result is a family of blockchain-native system modules that when combined, form institutions more than the sum of their parts. Imagine: new prosumer governance forms like data unions and distributed energy cooperatives, or market primitives—such as bonding curves—that automate liquidity and provide real time price discovery. Curve Labs is a team of design interventionists who research and implement these building blocks to create proofs of concept. We engage in the playful, combinational use of different modules to architect institutions that couldn’t exist before. Our goal is to bring to NGI module development capacity for the aforementioned, creating technical and design solutions in the areas of data governance, accreditation (identity), and a new governance architecture for the Open Internet itself.